Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about one of the world’s most colorful countries
The Encyclopedia of Ireland is the most comprehensive reference work to date on all aspects of Irish life, culture, and history. It encompasses the whole of Ireland—its islands and seas, its people both home and abroad—and provides fascinating facts about subjects from prehistory to the present.
- Selected as an outstanding book by University Press Books for Public and Secondary School Libraries
- Selected by Choice Magazine as an Outstanding Academic Title for 2005
- Selected by AAUP as ’The Best of the Best from the University Presses: Books you Should Know About’
- Selected by Library Journal as a Best Reference Resource for 2003
- Winner of the 2003 Professional/Scholarly Publishing Division Annual Awards Competition in the Single Volume Reference/Humanities category