Intended for intermediate- to advanced-level students, Épocas y avances uses a unique communicative-humanistic approach to second language acquisition. Through a series of original readings and related activities Épocas enhances linguistic proficiency while emphasizing important aspects of the history, literature, art, society, geography, language, and culture of Spain and Latin America. The interdisciplinary content of Épocas is designed to:
- Provide specific tools to generate optimized language production.
- Reinforce the main skills of language learning, including oral and written comprehension and production.
- Enable students to encounter, examine, and acquire new vocabulary and linguistic structures.
- Show students the importance of some of the major civilizations and social processes throughout history that influenced and shaped the language and culture of Spain and Latin America as we know them today.
- Offer a complete, intellectually stimulating, and academically challenging tool for awakening a general interest in the humanities and enriching students' personal interaction with other cultures.
- Give students ample opportunity to explore the diversity of other peoples and cultures in more detail, thus preparing them for their role as global citizens.