Show Notes for Episode 3, Yale Press Podcast

Posted by Chris Gondek, Producer/Host of the Yale Press Podcast

The famous baseball manager, Casey Stengell, once said that “There comes a time in every man’s life, and I’ve had plenty of them.” I had one of those moments during my interview with John Marzluff and Tony Angell, when Tony decided to cut loose with both a Raven and Crow call. I knew right then that I was going to have something fun for the opening segment.

As usual, the guest list was a very cool mixed bag. I thought that Sidney Kirkpatrick’s statement on how his step-daughter’s illness was the inspiration to write about Thomas Eakins was a nice moment. I now hope that Dr. Gerald Edelman, or someone else, might look more into the intersection of brain science and Eastern philosophy, which we got into just a bit on his extended interview. And I thought that all of the Gombrich family stories that Leonie Gombrich told were great. I now have both A Little History of the World and The Story of Art side by side on my bookshelf.

Please send me comments and questions. The Ask the Author segment has been running dry, and if I don’t start getting some e-mails, I’ll have to make up some of my own 😉

Stay warm,

Chris

Recent Posts

All Blogs

Categories