A tradition of excellence in biblical scholarship and
A commitment to advancing biblical understanding in the 21st century
The Anchor Yale Bible Series, previously the Anchor Bible Series, is a renowned publishing program that for more than 50 years has produced books devoted to the latest scholarship on the Bible and biblical topics. Yale University Press, having acquired this prestigious series in 2007, is now proud to offer all previously published Anchor Bible titles as well as new books—more than 115 titles in all. Many more volumes are in progress as the AYB Editorial Board, under the direction of General Editor John J. Collins, vigorously pursues the goal of bringing to a wide audience the most important new ideas, the latest research findings, and the clearest possible analysis of the Bible. Widely recognized as the flagship of American biblical scholarship, the Anchor Yale Bible Series is comprised of:
A state-of-the-art dictionary in six volumes with more than 6,000 entries from 800 international scholars.
More than 25 volumes by foremost scholars from a variety of religious backgrounds who focus on broad biblical themes.
A book-by-book translation and exegesis of the Hebrew Bible, the New Testament, and the Apocrypha (more than 80 titles in all).
Individual volumes in the Anchor Yale Bible Series consistently earn the highest praise and together represent the very best in current Bible scholarship, featuring:
- Contributions from distinguished authors around the world, representing Protestant, Catholic, Jewish, and Muslim traditions
- New translations, reflecting the latest knowledge of ancient languages
- Extensive annotations, including alternative translations
- Objective treatment of competing theories
- Commentary to explain texts and clarify difficult passages
- Historical background as well as up-to-date research
- Helpful organizing tools including detailed introductions, overviews, and outlines
- Relevant visual features such as maps, photographs, diagrams, and more
Yale University Press began publishing the remaining volumes in The Anchor Yale Bible Commentary series as well as new titles in the Reference Library in 2008.