If you are looking for contact details or information about Yale University Press, please take a look at our frequently asked questions.
- How can I contact Yale University Press?
- How do I order books from Yale University Press?
- I am having issues when trying to checkout, how can I complete my order?
- How do I search the website for a book or author?
- How do I submit a manuscript to Yale University Press?
- How can I contact an author?
- How do I request an exam / desk copy of a book?
- How do I request a review copy?
- Where can I get permissions / rights information for your books?
- Where can I find information about the Yale Series of Younger Poets?
- Where can I find job openings at Yale University Press?
- How do I get to Yale University Press?
2. How do I order books from Yale University Press?
Choosing to purchase your books from Yale University Press grants you access to a wealth of knowledge and supports high-quality scholarly work that advances global intellectual dialogue.
The ordering process is as follows, based on your location.
If you are in the US and Canada:
There are two primary ways to order if you reside in the United States or Canada. You can visit the Yale University Press website at yalebooks.yale.edu and purchase your desired books. If you prefer to order by phone, you can order directly from Triliteral by dialing 1-800-405-1619, Monday-Friday, excluding holidays.
If you are in Mexico and South America:
For customers in Mexico and South America, please contact Triliteral to place your orders at email@example.com.
If you are located elsewhere:
If you are located outside of the regions mentioned above, in Europe, Asia, Africa, or elsewhere, you should visit the Yale University Press London website to make your purchase.
3. I am having issues when trying to checkout, how can I complete my order?
We are sorry you are experiencing trouble checking out.
Your browser session may have timed out while you were checking out. It is helpful when this happens to try clearing your browser history and opening a new browser to complete your order.
If that doesn’t work to fix the issue, we also recommend placing your order directly with our Customer Care team at 1-800-405-1619 between 9am and 5pm ET. They will be happy to help you complete your order.
4. How do I search the website for a book or author?
You can search for a book or author using our search engine, which appears at the top right-hand side of each page. Search by book title, author name, ISBN, or keyword and hit ‘enter’ and you should receive a search results page with the information you are looking for.
Alternatively, you can search for books by subject category by clicking “Subjects” on the navigation bar at the top of the page.
6. How can I contact an author?
As a policy, we do not distribute author contact information. However, if you would like us to forward your correspondence to an author, please mail it to us at:
Yale University Press
Attention: Acquisitions, 2nd floor
P.O. Box 209040
New Haven, CT 06520-9040
United States of America (USA)
11. Where can I find job openings at Yale University Press?
Please visit the Yale University Human Resources website to find current job openings at Yale University Press.
12. How do I get to Yale University Press?
Yale University Press is located at 302 Temple Street on the Yale campus in New Haven, Connecticut.
From I-91 North or South, take exit 3 –Trumbull Street. Go to the third traffic light. Make a left onto Temple Street. Go through one traffic light (Grove Street). We are just past the next intersection and one building in from the corner of Temple and Elm Streets on the right side of the street (before the New Haven Green). Street parking at meters is available for 25 cents for 12 minutes.
From I-95 North or South, get onto I-91 North and follow the directions above.